RKWard is in kdereview - again

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Mar 27 23:09:38 BST 2022

El dissabte, 26 de març de 2022, a les 21:34:06 (CEST), Thomas Friedrichsmeier va escriure:
> [...]
> > i tried to do it a quick fix but could not, i would appreciate if you
> > could find a way to only define the extra actions and not all of them
> > (like we do for example in okular).
>
> I've added the switch application language option (in Settings rather
> than Help). Our help menu is perhaps more customized than meets the eye
> on first glance. For instance, we have an app-integrated help system
> instead of external handbook (at least as the primary documentation),
> and our bug report dialog is beefed up to include a lot of extra
> information by default (mostly importantly: version of R). I guess it
> would be possible to hack KHelpMenu this way, but at least at some
> point in the past it seemed cleaner to implement "from scratch" (but
> using the default actions, where applicable).
>

> Comments by Jonathan Riddel
> (https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=153916691226377&w=2):
>
> > It installs two desktop files which creates duplicate menu entries
> > /usr/share/applications/org.kde.rkward-open.desktop
> > /usr/share/applications/org.kde.rkward.desktop
>
> Completed following suggestions by Thomas Baumgart and Meik Michalke:
> https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=153942961310071&w=2
>
> > The .desktop files call it a "GUI for R" which is not a great
> > description, everything in the menu is a GUI.  I recommend "R
> > Statistical Programming" or "IDE for R" maybe.
>
> Renamed to Statistics with R, following Meik's suggestion
> (https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=153942595709279&w=2).
>
> > I tidied up the files with the icon licence as they could easily be
> > lost.
>
> Done by Jonathan.
>
> > It depends on WebKit which is not supported, could this be ported to
> > WebEngine?
>
> Meanwhile, RKWard can be compiled to use QtWebEngine (and this is the
> default), but support for webkit has not been dropped, because MinGW is
> an important platform for us.
>
> > It's uncommon having debian/ packaging directly in the source and
> > there's also debian-official/ which could get confusing and
> > out-of-sync and messy.  I recommend moving them to another archive.
> > Storing the packaging in KDE neon Git would be cool as we already
> > have packaging for all the rest of KDE software.
>
> Meanwhile packaging has been taken over by the debian-qt-kde team
> (thank you so much!). Jonathan himself added RKWard to neon. We still
> have a (basic) debian packaging to support nightly builds in our Ubuntu
> PPAs (which fill a somewhat different gap than Neon), but this is now
> kept in a separate repository.
>

> Jonathan commented in a separate mail
> (https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=154118912915065&w=2)
>
> > There's no appstream metainfo file nor product-screenshot
> > https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/AppStream
>
> Done: Contributed by Meik and Yuri
>

> Thanks to all for your feedback last time (I left out feedback that did
> no criticize anything, but I hope I have not left out anything

Results of running clang-tidy with some of my favorite options attached.

The first group [bugprone-integer-division] seems an actual bug since
   double RKGraphicsDeviceFrontendTransmitter::lwdscale = 72/96;
means lwdscale value is 0

The second group [bugprone-parent-virtual-call] is worth looking at, may be what you want or may not.

The third group [modernize-use-bool-literals] is totally just for our monkey brains, the compiler doesn't care, so if you don't care either it's fine to not change it

The fourth group [performance-unnecessary-value-param] is just about adding a few const & to copy less things, mostly it's Qt things that are cheap to copy, so you're not going to get much performance, but the const & is faster anyway, so why not do it?.

Cheers,
  Albert