KQuickChatComponents in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jan 17 22:14:42 GMT 2022

El dilluns, 17 de gener de 2022, a les 21:22:21 (CET), Janet Blackquill va escriure:
> Am Sa., 1. Jan. 2022 um 19:08 Uhr schrieb Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> >
> > El divendres, 31 de desembre de 2021, a les 5:21:44 (CET), Janet Blackquill va escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > KQuickChatComponents
> > > (https://invent.kde.org/libraries/kquickchatcomponents) is in
> > > kdereview now.
> > >
> > > It is a very small (as of now) library mostly containing a base bubble
> > > component offering a consistent bubble design, with a few variants
> > > built on top of the bubble offering common patterns of chat things
> > > with bubble backgrounds and layouts. Besides the timestamp component,
> > > that's pretty much it, since chat apps need to diverge heavily to
> > > accomodate their protocols. This library's purpose is mostly for
> > > getting KDE's plethora of QtQuick chat apps to converge on one (1)
> > > bubble design instead of a different look per app, as well as other
> > > details like the selection of shortcuts used for common chat app
> > > actions (see MR !2)
> >
> > It needs a Messages.sh + ecm_create_qm_loader for that qsTr
>
> What exactly does the ecm_create_qm_loader do?

You can see the documentation here https://api.kde.org/ecm/module/ECMPoQmTools.html

Anything you don't understand?

> Also note that KQCC
> supports more than one build system, so we can't rely on build-system
> specific magic for proper functionality.

My suggestion? Don't do that, you're just shooting yourself on the foot.

Having multiple outbound supported buildsystems is nice, but having multiple build systems to build yourself only is headache for no real reason.

Cheers,
  Albert