Gitlab Bugzilla integration

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jan 12 18:01:04 GMT 2022

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 5:19 AM Sandro Knauß <sknauss at kde.org> wrote:

> Hey,

Hi there,

> Great, one missing feature less!
>
> > This functionality can be seen in action on
> >
> https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/commit/7ca7bf03b11ae72842006af8a66
> > ed02894a4a605 (note that content posted prior to this being enabled may
> not
> > feature links due to caching in Gitlab)
>
> The commit using CCBUGS, that is not specified according to. So the best
> is
> either update the documentation or make the Gitlab more strict. Or even
> better, if Gitlab could warn the user about wrong commit metadata.

We are using the same regexp that the hooks accept to ensure compatibility
- if the commit hooks fire on it then Gitlab should link it as well.

> https://community.kde.org/Policies/
> Commit_Policy#Special_keywords_in_GIT_and_SVN_log_messages
>
> > Use of this functionality requires the setup of some metadata within
> > sysadmin/repo-metadata which a number of projects have already completed.
> > Once added it will be synced to Gitlab overnight and will become
> available
> > the next day.
>
> What metadata is needed within the repo, the bugzilla information in the
> projects metadata?

The "bugzilla:" section is required, with a product subkey being the name
of the product on Bugzilla.
If a specific component should be targeted then a key "component" may also
be added.

> Regards
>
> hefee

Cheers,