Submitting KTextTemplate for KF6

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Feb 26 10:38:29 GMT 2022

On Sonntag, 20. Februar 2022 16:02:59 CET Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Qt 5 based Grantlee libraries were depended on by some KDE applications.
>
> For Qt 6, I've created a separate repo for KTextTemplate for one of the
> Grantlee libraries. The other library is separate and can be dealt with
> separately.
>
> Currently the code lives here:
>
> https://github.com/steveire/ktexttemplate
>
> I'd like to get the process moving on getting this reviewed and into KF6.
>
> It's not clear to me what the next step is. I tried googling terms like
> "how to submit a library to kde frameworks", but didn't find anything
> useful.
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/KDE_Frameworks describes how to build
> frameworks, but not how to submit a new one.
>
> I've checked and I can still use invent.kde.org, so it would be good if
> there is a standard process I can follow for the rest.

I don't think the process of integrating a so far external project into
Frameworks happened often enough for this to be documented as a streamlined
process. I'd suggest the following steps:

(1) Import the repo into invent.kde.org
(2) Go through the KDE Review process
(3) Request inclusion into Frameworks

Happy to see this moving :)