New repo in kdereview: kclock

Justin justin.zobel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 10:27:12 GMT 2022

Thanks for the quick reply Albert. I'm not a developer but I've gone
over much of the comments from previous:

Tested on 22.11

 > New Timer doesn't work? Ah it's because it needs kclockd running for
that, would it be very hard to give a warning if it isn't running?

Seems kclockd is now running automatically. If it is not automatically
running that would (in my opinion) be a packaging issue on the distro side.

 > Is that kirigamiaddons thing released? Seems to be the reason i can't
add new Alarms

Kirigami Addons has now passed KDE review and has stable releases

 > Not an expert in UI but for stopwatch having Start/Pause on the top
left feels a bit unnatural, maybe would make sense swapping reset and
Start? Ask the VDG i guess.

In the version I'm running it's centered nicely and I think works well.
If you can check this against latest git master to confirm the UI is
still the same.

 > Also in stopwatch for me it'd make a lot of sense if pressing the
time starts/pauses, what do you think?

This is functioning now.

 > Silence Alarm After shows an horizontal scrollbar that doesn't to be
very useful https://i.imgur.com/7O8DBJc.png

This is now called Ring Duration and has no horizontal scroll bar even
at the minimum window width.

 > It's even worse in Alarm Snooze Length where it goes over existing text

Same as above, now fixed.

 > You're missing Messages.sh in kclockd

I see this now in the kclockd folder

 > Please check i18n in your qml files, these seem like need i18n

Lots of this i18n stuff appears to have been moved and will need a new
review

Justin