Tokodon in KDE Review

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Fri Dec 2 11:06:05 GMT 2022

On mardi 29 novembre 2022 à 9:23 AM, Christophe Giboudeaux <christophe at krop.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On jeudi 24 novembre 2022 15:00:44 CET Carl Schwan wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I would like to put Tokodon in KDE Review. Tokodon is mastodon client, I
> > have been working for some time already. I already did some unstable
> > release and I would like to soon release the first stable release. The
> > source code is available here: https://invent.kde.org/network/tokodon/
>

> The access token is leaked (along with a qdebug leftover):
> 8:53:15 - tokodon(11616) - unknown: XXX
> 8:53:15 - tokodon(11616) - unknown: [WEBSOCKET] Connecting to QUrl("wss://
> framapiaf.org/api/v1/streaming?access_token=p9M... [redacted] &stream=user

Fixed and I also added a qdebug message handler in src/messagefiltercontainer.cpp
to filter any secret token from the logs.

> tokodon currently crashes on startup, but the last time I tried, the
> spellchecking settings were not saved.

Spellchecking seems to be saved for me but I probably fixed it accidentally
a few weeks ago when porting to the MobileForm components.

Regarding the crash on startup, this might fix it:
https://invent.kde.org/network/tokodon/-/merge_requests/69

Unfortunately I still can't reproduce the bug, so I if you could test the MR
and tell me if this still crashes, I would be grateful.

Cheers,
Carl