RKWard is in kdereview - again

Thierry Thomas thierry at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 27 15:09:51 BST 2022

Hello,

Le lun. 28 mars 22 à 16:53:28 +0200, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
 écrivait :

> > RKWard is used productively on Linux/BSD, Mac, and Windows.
>
> Congratulations! RKWard has been packaged on FreeBSD for a long time already
> (although it's only at version 0.7.1, not the latest release -- cc'ing the
> FreeBSD maintainer there).
>
> On the FreeBSD side there's only two patches in packaging; one missing include
> (not needed with current git) and a CMake thingy that I don't quite understand
> (about gfortran). I do notice that there's a FindR.cmake in Cantor, and one in
> RKWard, and they are somewhat different: perhaps some coordination to make
> them both do the same (and the right) things?
>
> [ade]

I just upgraded RKWard to 0.7.3 (just locally, not yet in the ports
tree), and the patch of FindR.cmake is no more necessary.

It builds and installs clearly, but I noticed 2 problems:

1- the tests do not run:

> source("all_tests.R")
Error in source("all_tests.R") :
  all_tests.R:6:9: unexpected string constant
5:         "rkward_application_tests.R"
6:         "import_export_plugins.R"

2- when executing some analysis, no output can be displayed but the
following message:

The url you are trying to open ('data:text/html;charset=UTF-8…) is not a local file or the filetype is not supported by RKWard. Do you want to open the url in the default application?
Could not find any application or handler for data:text/html;charset=UTF-8…

I do not know if this second error is specific for RKWard, or maybe
related to the installation of KDE on my workststion? I tried to play
with the Output Window options, but without success.

Best regards.
--
Th. Thomas.