Gitlab CI - Inbound

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Sep 5 11:26:50 BST 2021

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 10:22 PM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On dimanche 5 septembre 2021 12:11:05 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > It would be appreciated if people could please work on getting these
> files
> > populated in Frameworks (as everyone needs those) as well as in their own
> > repositories as they are required before we can proceed much further.
>
> Like this
> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcoreaddons/-/merge_requests/135 ?

Yes - just two small tweaks needed for that one but it is otherwise good to
ship.

> For frameworks, I think we should be able to write a one-time script that
> generates .kde-ci.yml files using the dependencies listed in kde-build-
> metadata (and the platforms listed in metainfo.yaml) ?

Yes, that should work nicely (although that information now lives in
sysadmin/repo-metadata, dependencies folder)

Once we've transitioned across to the .kde-ci.yml files the existing
dependency metadata and branch group files will no longer be required.
(We'll need to work out a way of exporting this information for easy
consumption by kdesrc-build and other clients before it can be removed
though)

> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE Frameworks 5