Submitting SubtitleComposer for KDE Review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Oct 13 22:03:38 BST 2021

El dimecres, 13 d’octubre de 2021, a les 17:23:54 (CEST), Mladen Milinkovic va escriure:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to move subtitlecomposer to kdereview.
>
> https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/subtitlecomposer
>
> https://subtitlecomposer.kde.org/
>
> Subtitle Composer is an app to create, sync, translate, ... text subtitles for videos and media.

I think the tests are somehow not correctly flagged as tests, running ctest will only run the appstream check and src/tests/test-subtitle, but not test-core-rangelist and the rest.

The first text format change doesn't seem to trigger the "file has changed and we should enable saving" logic. i.e. i have written a new subtitle line that says "HOLA" and saved the subtitle. Now if i select all the text and press the strikeout button, the save button does not get enabled, if i press the strikeout button again, the save button correctly gets enabled.

If i close a video while it's playing, the Play button will still be enabled (if i stop the video it will not)

Opening a .srt i just created and editing one of the subtitle lines i get this relatively scary valgrind warning https://ghostbin.com/YGnmL

When opening an existing .srt, there is a few Subtitle::insertLine calls that end up calling Subtitle::processAction with the if(app()->subtitle() != this) situation. I think all those Actions leak, because you just call redo on them but they are not deleted by anyone, no?

The "Report bug" incorrectly links to https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/subtitlecomposer/-/issues instead of bug.kde.org

Cheers,
  Albert