Qt5PatchCollection versions (broken QWE)

Antonio Rojas nqn1976list at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:35:44 BST 2021

El miércoles, 26 de mayo de 2021 13:19:34 (CEST), Harald Sitter escribió:
> Hola
>
> QWE and QtScript in our kde/5.15 branches currently have unaligned versions.
>
> QWE 5.15.4:
> https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtwebengine/-/blob/kde/5.15/.qmake.conf
>
> QtBase 5.15.3:
> https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtbase/-/blob/kde/5.15/.qmake.conf
>
> This then breaks version alignment expectations. For example QWECore
> requires QtWebChannel at the same version but since the versions are
> misaligned the requirement check changes.

This is because the upstream QWE and QtScripts 5.15 branches are public,
unlike the other Qt repos. The versioning issue is discussed here:

https://www.qt.io/blog/building-qt-webengine-against-other-qt-versions

Lowering the version number would be misleading since this is the real,
upstream 5.15 code, which is post-5.15.4 already.