Qt5PatchCollection versions (broken QWE)

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed May 26 12:19:34 BST 2021

Hola

QWE and QtScript in our kde/5.15 branches currently have unaligned versions.

QWE 5.15.4:
https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtwebengine/-/blob/kde/5.15/.qmake.conf

QtBase 5.15.3:
https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtbase/-/blob/kde/5.15/.qmake.conf

This then breaks version alignment expectations. For example QWECore
requires QtWebChannel at the same version but since the versions are
misaligned the requirement check changes.

CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5WebEngineCore/Qt5WebEngineCoreConfig.cmake:111
(find_package):
  Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5WebChannel" that is
  compatible with requested version "5.15.4".
  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5WebChannel/Qt5WebChannelConfig.cmake,
version: 5.15.3

I would think that we should simply align the versions at whatever
version seems appropriate. To that end I would propose that we lower
the versions of QWE and QtScript to .3.

Thoughts? Should I start an MR?

(Also, kinda unrelated but I couldn't find a good venue to discuss
things with all curators as gitlab issues are disabled for everything
but the backport tracker :-( similarly I'm not sure where one would
file a regression bug report if there were one - might need sorting
out TBH)

HS