Koko in KDEReview

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Tue May 4 20:01:56 BST 2021

On 5/4/21 12:57 PM, Alexander Semke wrote:
> Jira can do all of this, except of the tight integration with GitLab out of
> the box maybe, and even more. I'm heavily using Jira at work on the daily base
> and it's a very reliable and feature-rich tool for project management and
> issue tracking. Many open source communities are using Jira, also Qt.
>
> If we try to have an open mind and are also ok with closed source software
> that is offering its service for open source projects, should we consider Jira
> as well?
>
> https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

I don't think we can consider that kind of thing, or else we would be
using GitLab EE (which is offered for free to FOSS projects) rather than
GitLab CE.

FWIW I used Jira a lot professionally before my KDE days and am not a
big fan of it. My experience with it was that it was slow, confusing,
buggy, and ate my text a lot. Maybe it's better now, I dunno.

Nate