New repo in kdereview: kalk

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue May 4 17:56:47 BST 2021

Han,

On Dienstag, 4. Mai 2021 11:36:04 CEST hanyoung wrote:

> Pushed an inelegant solution - include "," as decimal separator in flex. As long as there aren't any more decimal separator we're cool.

Not sure if this appropriate, but I wanted to warn you about the dilemma that in some locale the thousand separator and the decimal symbol are exactly the opposite. Example:

   German locale: 1.000,00  -> one thousand
   US locale    : 1,000.00  -> one thousand

So simply treating the comma and the dot alike without taking the locale into account may result in wrong values.

Cheers,

Thomas

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

Of all the computing resources available, the most valuable one is
programmers' time. Especially in open source where most of us have to
sneak in time to write and debug code. (Ace Jones)