KQuickImageEditor in KDEReview

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Sat Mar 13 23:05:04 GMT 2021

Le samedi, mars 13, 2021 11:33 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> a écrit :

> El dissabte, 13 de març de 2021, a les 23:10:11 CET, Carl Schwan va escriure:
>
> > Hello again,
> > I putting KQuickImageEditor in KDEReview. KQuickImageEditor is a very
> > simple image editor for QtQuick projects. It is designed to not depends
> > on Kirigami (but a simple example that integrate in Kirigami application
> > is provided in the source code). It doesn't have any translations in it
> > and just focus on image manipulation. It's currently used by NeoChat, Pix
> > and Koko and packaged in all the major distributions (Fedora, openSUSE, Arch,
> > Neon).
> > I currently advice against using it on your own project since I'm not
> > completely happy with the current backend and will probably make change
> > to the API.
>
> Am I understand this email correctly?
>
> It seems you say "please review this; I'll rewrite it shortly".
>
> Maybe we should wait to do the review after the rewrite?

It seems that making KQuickImageEditor pass KDEReview is a requirement for
Koko KDEReview process and since I want to have a stable release of Koko
in the next Pinephone batch, I would really appreciate a review.

Also just to clarify KQuickImageEditor currently works for simple image
manipulation like rotation, cropping, mirroring an image. The problem
is more that the current back-end limits the possibility of image editing
to only these simple operations. This is enough to almost reach feature
parity with Gwenview own image editor (that was my goal when I first started
this project) but won't make it possible to apply filters and other cool
effects that many except for an integrated image editor in chat applications
on mobile for example.

Cheers,
Carl