KHealthCertificate in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 11 23:36:05 BST 2021

El diumenge, 11 de juliol de 2021, a les 15:32:27 (CEST), Volker Krause va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> KHealthCertificate is a library for decoding digital vaccination, test and
> recovery certificates. Supported formats/features are:
> * EU DGC: almost all data found in vaccination, test and recovery
> certificates, verification of ECDSA and RSA/PSS signatures.
> * India: basic support for vaccination certificates, no signature verification
> yet.
>
> https://invent.kde.org/pim/khealthcertificate
>
> If you have more samples/information about the Indian system, or systems
> deployed elsewhere in the world, I'd be very much interested :)
>
> The first user of this is the basic vaccination certificate manager in
> Itinerary (currently optional), other potential users who have expressed
> interest are Qrca and MyGnuHealth, as well as a possible stand-alone
> vaccination certificate wallet app for Plasma Mobile.
>
> Beyond kdereview the goal would be to join an automated release process,
> Plasmo Gear is probably the best option of those given the expected users.
>
> A note on translations: The only user-visible strings right now are those in
> the EU DGC JSON files mapping various codes to human readable texts. Those
> datasets are supposed to be translated eventually, by upstream. This however
> isn't implemented yet apparently, the official apps are waiting for this as
> well (e.g. https://github.com/Digitaler-Impfnachweis/covpass-android/blob/
> main/covpass-sdk/src/main/java/de/rki/covpass/sdk/storage/
> EUValueSetRepository.kt#L11). So I'd rather wait for that getting fixed rather
> than bothering our translators with various medical product names :)
>
> For testing this you need a fairly recent KF5, KCodecs 5.84 for Base45 support
> and Prison 5.85 if your phone screen is too small for the usually very large
> barcodes.

Rename some non installed headers in src/lib to *_p.h ?

I tried reading the headers to see how i would use this and i was left with some questionmarks.

Am I supposed to call KHealthCertificateParser::parse? With what? Because it says "data received from a barcode scanner" but i guess that's not the QImage data?

Also it returns a QVariant ? What's in there?

Cheers,
  Albert