KHealthCertificate in kdereview

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Jul 11 14:32:27 BST 2021

Hi,

KHealthCertificate is a library for decoding digital vaccination, test and
recovery certificates. Supported formats/features are:
* EU DGC: almost all data found in vaccination, test and recovery
certificates, verification of ECDSA and RSA/PSS signatures.
* India: basic support for vaccination certificates, no signature verification
yet.

https://invent.kde.org/pim/khealthcertificate

If you have more samples/information about the Indian system, or systems
deployed elsewhere in the world, I'd be very much interested :)

The first user of this is the basic vaccination certificate manager in
Itinerary (currently optional), other potential users who have expressed
interest are Qrca and MyGnuHealth, as well as a possible stand-alone
vaccination certificate wallet app for Plasma Mobile.

Beyond kdereview the goal would be to join an automated release process,
Plasmo Gear is probably the best option of those given the expected users.

A note on translations: The only user-visible strings right now are those in
the EU DGC JSON files mapping various codes to human readable texts. Those
datasets are supposed to be translated eventually, by upstream. This however
isn't implemented yet apparently, the official apps are waiting for this as
well (e.g. https://github.com/Digitaler-Impfnachweis/covpass-android/blob/
main/covpass-sdk/src/main/java/de/rki/covpass/sdk/storage/
EUValueSetRepository.kt#L11). So I'd rather wait for that getting fixed rather
than bothering our translators with various medical product names :)

For testing this you need a fairly recent KF5, KCodecs 5.84 for Base45 support
and Prison 5.85 if your phone screen is too small for the usually very large
barcodes.

Thanks,
Volker