KDE Frameworks 6 - Virtual Sprint setup

Adam Szopa adam.szopa at kde.org
Fri Jan 29 14:57:59 GMT 2021

Hello,
I've been talking with David Faure about setting up a Sprint focused on KF6  work. Some
of the topics would include:
- Reviewing the KF6 board (https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/310/[1]):
-- Clean up
-- Tagging Junior Jobs
- Working out a structure/process for handling:
-- "Stuck" tasks
-- Unit test regressions
- Decide the 5.15 minimum requirement bump timeline
- Decide on a 6 branching strategy and timeline
- Decide if/how ECM should support multiple Qt versions

That's just an example list - the wiki[1] should include the up to date and detailed topics.

The Sprint will use the KDE BBB instance - same tech that powered last years  Akademy;
I'll coordinate that with our sysadmins to have it available.

As for the date and length, usually Virtual Sprints are a weekend thing. I'd
love to hear from you if that sounds OK, and which weekend would be workable
for you (how soon can we get this started) and your preferred availability
hours. I'll set up a poll later to pinpoint the final timing.

Thanks,
- Adam

--------
[1] https://community.kde.org/Sprints/KF6/2021Virtual