New repo in kdereview: kalk

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Feb 18 22:55:32 GMT 2021

El dijous, 18 de febrer de 2021, a les 17:05:22 CET, hanyoung va escriure:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I want to move kalk to kdereview.
> It's the calculator for Plasma Mobile (it also works great on desktop).
>
> https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/kalk
>
> It's not a QML version of kcalc, the math engine is written with bison/flex.

I don't think you should roll out your own math engine.

Example, if I press
65 / 9 =
* 9 =
it tells me the result is 63.

Compare to kcalc that properly tells me 65.

You can't really use C/C++ floating point to do actual math, it's not very good for that, you need to use "infinite" precision numbers like kcalc does.

Please reconsider your decision.

Besides that tou need to make more things translatable, Sin, etc.

Cheers,
  Albert