State of server-side retrace of KDE crashes?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Dec 17 10:00:06 GMT 2021

On Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2021 23:27:26 CET Lyubomir Parvanov wrote:
> On Arch the situation with the debug symbols is tragic for the bad, we get
> the first bugs (and the first fixes), but we can't report bugs that are
> hard to reproduce because we have to reinstall the whole goddamn apps for
> symbols to work and then to pray to God to be able to reproduce the bug
> again.
> There were some talks about adding a server-side retrace service for KDE,
> what's the latest status quo? I really believe that KDE would be way more
> stable if this was existing...

Ideally such a service would be based on debuginfod from elfutils, but it
needs to be integrated on the package builder side. I.e. this would need to be
done by the Arch packagers and it nothing that can be influenced by KDE itself
directly. The reason is that the debug symbols have to match exactly the
binary that is run.

Cheers

--
Milian Wolff