Is there (going to be) an auto-retracer service for KDE?

Lyubomir Parvanov liubomirwm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:55:10 BST 2021

I'm not much into KDE bug reporting and also not much into Apport. I'm
simply a user.

However, what i know is that as a previous Gnome user i never saw a "Gnome
reporter" piece of software. As a KDE user now I frequently see the
specific "KDE bug reporter" piece of software, and it never ever reported a
crash because it misses symbols. I know that Linux users are supposed to
know their way around the terminal, but still...

Also I know that as KDE developers you can register at
https://errors.ubuntu.com/ via the form.
I also know about THIS <https://youtu.be/PPQ7k0jRUE4?t=1781> video which
although it is old is still relevant.

KDE doesn't run only on Ubuntu and Apport might be an Ubuntu software, but
surely it can be configured by default to be used on Ubuntu, can't it?

This thread was meant as a question and/or discussion, mainly fuelled by my
thoughts and experiences with Apport which seems to be a more convenient
way of error collection.