Peruse in KDEReview

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Wed Sep 16 10:08:19 BST 2020

On Tuesday, 15 September 2020 19:34:23 BST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimarts, 15 de setembre de 2020, a les 15:11:42 CEST, Dan Leinir Turthra
Jensen va escriure:
> > where you might grab in particular Pepper & Carrot Volume 1, which also
> > will show you some of the fancier features of the reader (such as
> > frame-by-frame navigation, originally implemented by Wolthera).
>
> I did that and it's failing quite a bit, half of the times i open it, it
> crashes the one third of the times, i get https://i.imgur.com/ehey654.png
> and the other third works.
>
> Which seems to point that there's something broken somewhere.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert
>
> Backtrace:
<snip>

  First of all: thank you for that backtrace :D So here's the reason that's
happening, and it is... silly more than anything else. I've never been able to
provoke an actual crash out of this (somehow? not sure how that's not
happened, though i'm sure it would start immediately now someone else has
managed, thanks for collapsing that wave function ;) ).
  In short: The archive is held by a model, which then passes archive entries
off to the runnable you see in the backtrace up there. It then attempts to
load the data out of that, which will fail if more than one attempts to do so
at the same time, because of course it will.
  In even shorter: Threads are "fun", and i'm working on the fix for that one
right now ;)

--
..dan / leinir..
http://leinir.dk/