Alligator in KDEReview

Tobias Fella fella at posteo.de
Wed Oct 28 23:34:30 GMT 2020

Hi all,

I've moved Alligator to KDEReview.

Alligator is an RSS feed reader I started developing because of the need
for a feed reader for plasma mobile (and to waste some time during
corona). Since it's built using kirigami, it's usable on both mobile and
desktop. I've also ported it to android, where it works quite nicely.

It still has some problems with correctly rendering some feeds because
of the limited html & css subset supported by the QML label, but I'm
working around those. If you find feeds that don't render nicely (for
example where images are not limited to the page width), feel free to
send them my way.

If you want to try it, you can get android and flatpak builds from the
binary factory.

For releases, i plan on getting it into release service in time for
20.12. Before that, I'll probably release a beta version

Since I'm still a beginner at programming with Qt/cpp/qml, I'd
appreciate comments or suggestions on my code ;)

Thanks,

Tobias

https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/alligator

https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Alligator_android/