Telemetry information in Plasma

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 16:20:25 GMT 2020

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 4:21 AM Nicolás Alvarez
<nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com> wrote:

> El lun., 9 de nov. de 2020 a la(s) 13:32, Aleix Pol (aleixpol at kde.org) escribió:
> > - BasicUsageStatistics
> > Usage time
> > Launches count (Discover)
>
> Is "launches count" reset to 0 after each telemetry submission, or is
> it cumulative / lifetime launch count?

It's number of launches, I guess it's a bit of a weird metric to have.
The idea was to measure if people are actually using it.

> > - DetailedUsageStatistics
> > Panel Count (Plasma shell)
> > Application Source Name (Discover)
>
> What is Application Source Name? Is this actually implemented? The
> database seems to have pure NULLs but I may be looking in the wrong
> place.

When I last tested it it was working.
It should be displaying which source for applications users are using.
Be it flatpak, packagekit or snap.

Aleix