CI talk (Was: re: Manner in which kde-gtk-config development is conducted)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Mar 22 17:53:05 GMT 2020

El diumenge, 22 de març de 2020, a les 16:12:04 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 12:49 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > El diumenge, 22 de març de 2020, a les 3:19:57 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> > > Note however that images based upon Fedora or anything that shares
> > > it's lineage (including CentOS and it's derivates) is strictly
> > > prohibited and won't be accepted for inclusion.
> >
> > I still find this highly annoying since Fedora seems to be the only distro providing an almost full stack of mingw packages so for example i could add easily a mingw/windows CI to QCA using fedora but i can't because, for some reason i forgot, you are very unhappy with them.

> This is why Fedora and all associated derivatives are banned from our systems.

Is there a way they can be ever forgiven or is your plan to ban Fedora forever?

> > Cheers,
> >   Albert
>
> With regards to MingW, the better way to do this would be by using
> native MingW rather than cross compiling. Craft already uses MingW for
> some dependencies, and Krita's binary factory builds use it as well so
> most of the infrastructure for this is already in position.

But that's something that requires magic and thus sysadmin to do it, a Fedora+mingw gitlab CI is something i can do myself.

But If you're volunteering to do a Windows gitlab CI for QCA I'll take it :)

Cheers,
  Albert