Gitlab Turn-off Issues

Albert Vaca Cintora albertvaka at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 23:41:26 BST 2020

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 20:29 Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:28 AM Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:

> Can we remove the Issues feature on all invent projects?
> We're starting to see more and more people adding Issues.
>
> For KOrganizer, bshah replaced Issues with Bugzilla.
>
> I very much doubt we want or are ready to replace Bugzilla.

As has been discussed *far too many times* already, we have NO
INTENTION to replace Bugzilla at this stage.
This matter has been discussed on many threads, including on this list
in the past.

Issues on Gitlab is intended to be the replacement for Phabricator Tasks.
Disabling them would leave projects with no developer task management
functionality, which would be highly undesirable as they are heavily
used by a number of projects.

What prevents a user from seeing a link labeled "issues" and thinking "this
is where I report my issues with this product"?

Currently, nothing, so I've decided to accept that bugs now come from two
places: Bugzilla and Gitlab issues.