Shift for parts of the CI system to Qt 5.15

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jun 20 11:25:42 BST 2020

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 8:13 PM Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday, 20 June 2020 08:20:18 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This weekend parts of our CI system shifted to using Qt 5.15, with all
> > FreeBSD builds now being based on Qt 5.15. We also shifted all Linux
> > builds of Plasma, and the latest Qt version build of Frameworks to Qt
> > 5.15 as well (apologies for the massive amount of email this kicked
> > up)
> >
> > It has however exposed a series of SIC changes in Qt which will need
> > to be adapted to. The list of affected projects appears to be as
> > follows:
> > - kalarm
> > - kdesdk-kioslaves
> > - kompare
> > - subtitlecomposer
>
> all fixed
>
> > - kaffeine
>
> This doesn't look like something caused by Qt 5.15, more like an issue with
> the FreeBSD DVB headers, builds on Linux.
>
> > In addition, the following projects appear to have long standing build
> > issues. It would be appreciated if they could please investigate and
> > correct these:
> > - kbibtex
>
> fixed
>
> > - atcore
> > - kmymoney
>
> MSVC-only, or rather GCC/clang being a bit too forgiving.
>
> atcore looks like an ambiguous default argument, removing that should fix it,
> but since this is a public interface I didn't want to just change this, being
> unable to estimate the impact.
>
> kmymoney is using an exported class in two DLLs with the same export macro,
> that doesn't work. Needs more insights into the project to restructure that
> accordingly I think.
>
> > - ring-kde
>
> build errors seem to be in stuff downloaded by cmake!?

Indeed, this seems to be a bit concerning.

I'm wondering if we should discontinue the CI support for this project?

> > Further, the following project appears to have a broken build due to
> > SIC changes within another KDE project:
> > - zanshin
>
> fixed

Many thanks for addressing all those various failures Volker, it's appreciated.

One more project I missed from my email, which appears to be a FreeBSD
linking specific issue:
- ktorrent (when linking with taglib)

> Regards,
> Volker