Get Hot New Stuff - Legacy Endpoints and Multiple Requests (Discover?)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jan 31 07:34:58 GMT 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 1:05 AM Michael Reeves <reeves.87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There seems to be some sort of ssl certificate issue with autoconfig.kde.org. On kubuntu this triggers a warning as soon as discover starts that may be a contributing factor.

I've checked and can find no fault with autoconfig.kde.org. Both wget
and kioclient5 raise no objections on my system, and both Chrome and
Firefox are perfectly happy with it as well.

The Qualys SSL Server Test also confirms that we have no setup issues
(aside from including the root certificate in the chain we send, which
is harmless).
The results of that test can be found at
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=autoconfig.kde.org

I'm afraid the fault is either with Kubuntu (which I highly doubt) or
your local network (much more probable) in this instance.

Should you believe the fault is on our side I will need information
from the "Details" pane as to why KIO refuses to trust connections to
autoconfig.kde.org on your system.

Cheers,
Ben