KDE review for KWeatherCore

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Dec 21 18:23:19 GMT 2020

El dilluns, 21 de desembre de 2020, a les 7:16:09 CET, hanyoung va escriure:
> KWeatherCore: https://invent.kde.org/libraries/kweathercore is a library for querying weather forecast data.
> During the development of KWeather, we found the need to have a weather library.
> KWeatherCore is the result of extracting weather data fetching code from KWeather.
> I think having a dedicated weather library can serve the following propose:
> - simplify the KWeather code
> - easier to develop a weather daemon
> - potentially less code duplication across KDE

There's quite some things that need improvement:
 * You don't have d-pointer in most of the public classes
 * You have quite some code inline in the .h which makes keeping BC harder
 * You return const Q* & which is not usual in Qt classes

locationquerytest is unstable https://paste.debian.net/1177864/

You have a script that extracts translations to libkweather5 but then you do -DTRANSLATION_DOMAIN=\"kweathercore5\"

Cheers,
  Albert