plasma-mobile/spacebar in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Dec 19 23:55:39 GMT 2020

El diumenge, 20 de desembre de 2020, a les 0:34:35 CET, Jonah BrĂ¼chert va escriure:
> Am Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 00:03:47 CET schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > El dijous, 17 de desembre de 2020, a les 13:32:20 CET, Bhushan Shah va
> escriure:
> > > Hello everyone!
> > >
> > > Yet another Plasma Mobile app I would like to put in kdereview, spacebar
> > >
> > > spacebar is SMS app, it mainly consists of the two parts,
> > >
> > > - spacebar observer
> > > - spacebar client
> > >
> > > spacebar observer is DBUS activated service which can watch for
> > > incoming/outgoing telepathy messages and adds them in database, spacebar
> > > client is what users interact with to check the incoming messages and
> > > send outgoing messages.
> > >
> > > Similar to plasma-dialer, to test this you need ofono phonesim and
> > > telepathy-ring or telepathy-ofono.
> >
> > Same thing with Yuri having added a Messages.sh to extract a pot but that
> > not being used unless you call setApplicationDomain
> >
> > It crashes on my desktop, which would seem fair, but the code seems that it
> > kind of wants to account for it, so maybe apply
> > https://paste.debian.net/1177661/ ? With that patch it starts fine here
> >
> That would move the crash to when the first channel is requested, right?

No, there's checks for m_simAccount not having a value in in ChannelHandler::openChannel that shows a nice showPassiveNotification.

> What do you think about changing this https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/
> spacebar/-/blob/master/lib/accountutils.cpp#L33 to a qFatal instead?

I think it's unnecessary to make it crash when the current code kind of wants to make it "work" and making it work is such a simple patch.

Cheers,
  Albert