Kongress in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 13 21:11:35 GMT 2020

El diumenge, 13 de desembre de 2020, a les 12:09:48 CET, Dimitris Kardarakos va escriure:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Kongress has been moved to kdereview.
>
> Kongress is a conference companion application. Its purpose is to help
> participants to organize their visit or online participation in a
> conference. It includes the following features:
>
> - A collection of conferences that the user may be interested in
> - The scheduled talks, displayed in various ways: full, by day, or by
> category (if the conference is organized in different tracks).
> - Start/end time of each talk can be shown either in the organizer's or
> local time zone.
> - The users can add a talk to a list of favorites. In case of
> overlapping talks, an information message is shown.
> - Reminders before the beginning of the talk can be displayed. This
> interval can be configured by the users. At the moment, notifications
> are supported only on Plasma >= 5.20 where the wakeup scheduling
> mechanism was introduced.
>
> Kongress is a Kirigami based application and it also uses KCalendarCore
> to manage the conference schedules. For a conference to be supported by
> Kongress, the schedule should be available in ical format.
>
> The primary target user-base of Kongress is people attending a
> conference with a Linux mobile phone. It also works on desktop,
> leveraging the convergence capabilities of Kirigami. Finally, there is
> also an Android nightly build available.
>
> The source code can be found here:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kongress

I think you're missing a KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain in src/main.cpp ?

How does the app know about the list of conferences?

I find the fact that i can't add my own conference a bit unsatisfactory :/

You have a few == that could be === in qml and save 0.000000000000000000000000000001W of battery :D

I guess getting a oars declaration in your appdata wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,
  Albert