KOpeningHours in kdereview

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Dec 10 20:31:32 GMT 2020

On Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020 21:03:30 CET Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > but meanwhile it's also being
> > evaluated for use in OSM validation tooling:
> > https://github.com/osm-fr/osmose-backend/issues/555. That has already
> > resulted in a number of contributions increasing the tolerance for
> > non-conforming expressions, which benefits all other use-cases as well.
>
> I was thinking about doing something similar for OSM2go, which currently
> also runs on the N900 and needs gcc 4.2 for it. Is there interest to have a
> C++98 STL only version of the main parser? Or is it so tied to Qt classes
> that there is no chance in that?

The parser itself is flex/bison and isn't using Qt types much, and doing this
in a STL-only way was already discussed in the context of the use in OSM
validation tooling. That doesn't give you much though, the evaluation code
heavily depends on Qt for date/time math, timezones, calendar system, locale,
holidays, etc, there are no replacements for much of this in STL, let alone in
C++98. Going back from C++17 to C++98 would also be a major effort I guess.

For the flex/bison code it might be possible to factor out these parts, as
it's largely very basic C++ code anyway. You'd need to rebuild most of the
logic around that though I'm afraid.

Probably needs a more detailed look at what you need exactly and what you have
available in terms of libs and tools to see what's possible.

Regards,
Volker