MauiKit and Index review

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Tue Dec 1 13:37:51 GMT 2020

Le lundi, septembre 28, 2020 9:02 AM, Camilo Higuita Rodriguez <chiguitar at unal.edu.co> a écrit :

Hi, some feedback:

Index looks visually really nice, great job on that front :)

In term of technical review:

* There are tons of clazy warning in your codebase: I fixed some of them in [1] but
  there are more of them. I would encourage you to look into setting up clazy, it
  provides tons of helpful advice.
* https://invent.kde.org/maui/mauikit/-/blob/v1.2/src/platforms/linux/kdeconnect.cpp#L41
  This won't work if I set LANGUAGE=fr_FR as my environment variable. Also I don't think
  it is a good idea to parse the command line output like this. You should probably
  ask the kdeconnect team if they can add machine-readable interface or a dbus API for your
  usecase.
* https://invent.kde.org/maui/mauikit/-/blob/v1.2/src/utils/syncing/syncing.cpp#L198
  This strings should be translated if they are visible to the user.
* You are using qDebug in mauikit, you should probably use QLoggingCategory instead.

Cheers,
Carl

[1]: https://invent.kde.org/maui/mauikit/-/merge_requests/25/diffs