Automated Tests and KConfig

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:57:20 BST 2020

Hello,

I have been wandering if there is a general solution to use KConfig inside
automated tests.

I have been having difficulties (and another contributor to Elisa) to integrate
the singleton object lifetime with the need to run different tests isolated and
using the singleton (including code to initialize it).

One problem I am trying to solve is calling <Class name>::initialize multiple
times.

One solution I have been using is encapsulating all KConfig code inside a class
and fake it in the tests. Is there other solution ?

Thanks

Best regards