KDEReview for Kontrast

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Aug 2 17:20:54 BST 2020

El dijous, 30 de juliol de 2020, a les 11:16:25 CEST, Carl Schwan va escriure:
> Hi,
> I would like to move Kontrast, a contrast checker application, to KDEReview Kontrast can check if two colors pass the WCAG 2.0 specification and save some user's favorite color combinations.
>
> Some screenshots of the application and a design review from the VSG is available here: https://invent.kde.org/accessibility/kontrast/-/issues/1
>
> From a code point of view, the application is very simple, but I still would appreciate a general code review on it (it's my first Qt app written from scratch). The code is available here: https://invent.kde.org/accessibility/kontrast
>
> I don't plan to add new features and would like after the KDEReview, to release a first version of the application, and then move it to the release service so that the application gets regularly translations improvement.

You don't have an icon, which is not optimal [actually i see you have an icon in invent.k.o so the hard part of drawing it seems to be done :)]

The # of the colors is cut for me https://i.imgur.com/1GC2sEU.png

Missing i18n:
  ./src/contents/ui/MainPage.qml:28:            title: "Please choose a color"

Would be great if you had the typical --help --author, etc.
See QCommandLineParser and KAboutData::setupCommandLine

Would a documentation of the ranges make sense?
i.e. something that has the ranges and the descriptions you put for each of the ranges in one place? Something like a "Help" page.

Could only test part of the app since you're requiring unreleased Kirigami 2.14
Which probably means your
  set(KF5_MIN_VERSION "5.70.0")
should be changed to
  set(KF5_MIN_VERSION "5.73.0")

Out of curiosity any reason you decided to go with
   auto SavedColorModel::refresh() -> void
instead of
   void SavedColorModel::refresh()
?