Information regarding upcoming Gitlab Migration

Ilya Bizyaev bizyaev at zoho.com
Mon Apr 27 08:26:02 BST 2020

Hello Bhushan!

Thank you for you work on the Gitlab migration!

The lists look good! Here are some ideas that I have, in case you think they can be considered before we transition:

• The "applications" category is somewhat misleading to me: it does not include all KDE applications, and not all repositories in that category are applications either. Looking through the list of projects in there, I think they can be safely distributed across other categories. Most complicated there are IMO kate, dolphin, klook, konqueror, konsole and yakuake. Somehow terminal emulators, file managers and text editors feel like they belong to the same category, but I don't know how to call it; maybe "files"?

• Tentative, but I think a category called "science" might make sense creating. Since KDE regularly attempts to promote usage of our software in scientific institutions, that wouldn't hurt either. E.g. Mark (an app for data science) doesn't really belong in "education", and I think is also true for labplot and rkward.

• I see a category named "others". Looking at its contents, maybe it can be renamed to "community"?

Looking forward to the move!

Cheers,

Ilya.

---- Дата: Пн, 27 апр 2020 04:40:01 +0300 Bhushan Shah <bshah at kde.org> написал(а) ----