Update on Status of Gitlab Migration

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 11 20:36:09 BST 2020

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 9:01 PM Nicolás Alvarez
<nicolas.alvarez-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> How would it work during the "grace period"? Keeping an outdated read-only mirror on the old URL? I have done some research into redirecting or remapping from the old URL to the new one so we can keep it working for a longer period of time, and it's harder than it seems... It can be done but I need to be convinced that it's actually necessary / worth the effort.

My idea was that when the button is pushed people could update their
kdesrc-build once, run it once and continue to work as if nothing
happened. If a grace period is not feasible from a sysadmin
perspective, then things could still work if at the same time that
git.kde.org is decommissioned a pre-prepared MR/commit is merged into
kdesrc-build that fixes it. At the very least the code that sets the
pushInsteadOf mapping in the user's ~/.gitconfig would become outdated
and needs to be fixed at that point.

Regards,

- Johan