Work Branches

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Oct 12 00:10:20 BST 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 11:05 PM Michel Hermier
<michel.hermier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> What about a refinement of that solution with "work/<user>" and only users to commit on their branch? In would help, if desired in the future, to enforce a review of submited code by third party reviews even for maintainers.

Hi Michel,

As a general rule, we've preferred social solutions to problems over
technical enforcement measures - only using technical enforcement when
strictly necessary.
This is why despite a preference for getting code reviewed, developers
still have permission to commit directly to repositories without
review.

To allow for the possibility that people need to adopt work done
already by others, it would be preferrable to not restrict work
branches in the manner you've suggested above.

Cheers,
Ben