Work Branches

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Oct 9 11:56:59 BST 2019

On woensdag 9 oktober 2019 12:32:39 CEST David Edmundson wrote:
> > 2) Protect all branches, aside from a given prefix (proposed to be work/)
>
> Works for me.
> Would protection here also cover deletion? If so we need some heads up
> notice in Plasma to do a mass move of people's forks.

In krita, our convention for work branches is to use the identity name of the person working on them:

rempt/T379-resource rewrite

, for instance. It's proven pretty useful, but I'm not proposing we'd write a hook that scans identity to identify work branches :-)

So, I'm also fine with this proposal.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org