CI system maintainability

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Mar 29 20:01:50 GMT 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 9:56 PM Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thursday, 28 March 2019 20:35:11 CET Dr.-Ing. Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > I and others tried to get more reviews done in the past, but actually I
> > merged more than once stuff that I reviewed but it did break the CI.
>
> That I hope we'll get fixed at some point. It's a big big advantage when you
> can get a CI run on reviews. I find it best when you get both humans and
> scripts looking at the code in a review. It helps a lot in having better
> quality reviews from the humans since they are relieved from the boring
> redundant nitpicking (catching warnings, basic code style, etc.).

With the shift to Gitlab we should be able to provide this hopefully.

We're still figuring out how to be able to provide CI in an easy to
maintain manner (in terms of controlling platforms builds are done
for, which branches, etc).
This is a non-trivial problem (which is why Jenkins is only able to do
master/trunk and stable builds currently) but it should be solvable.

> Regards.
> --
> Kevin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net

Cheers,