Kdiff3 KIO handling

Michael Reeves reeves.87 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 16:34:40 BST 2019

I would like someone to audit the way kdiff3 uses KIO on remote files.
Specifically I am looking for anyway error/completion signals can be missed
causing an indefinite hang until the compare is canceled. Also any extra
work being done by kdiff3 that should be handed off to KIO. There should
also a working progress bar be it self implemented or provided by kf5/qt5.
This disabled due unspecified issues that encountered by the previous
maintainer while using fish protocol. I also would like to sunset the
current practice of automaticly creating a local copy of the file for
determining size and some other operations. What current protocola are
there that do not report size?