Blacklisting of PIM from the CI system

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 11:40:25 GMT 2019

It's a good idea. I thought about that briefly. Two problems
immediately came to mind that made me discard the idea:

a) for builds that are not from git we'd not know the commit count
(unless we glue that into the git release commit / tag - which I am
not sure we actually want, but is certainly a possibility)
b) more importantly: depending on the actual commit count it scales
poorly. for a repo like kdevelop it took 26 or so seconds to actually
count on the hard drives we use for CI when I tried a couple weeks
back.
personally I'd stay away from things that reduce the CI turn around :)

So, overall I think it may be a good solution, there are some hurdles
though. The benefit certainly would be that one could then actively
track dependencies down to the commit they were added to a framework.