Possible to move some KF5 frameworks to invent?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Aug 11 21:14:19 BST 2019

El diumenge, 11 d’agost de 2019, a les 21:00:13 CEST, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 2:53 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > El diumenge, 11 d’agost de 2019, a les 12:33:19 CEST, Christoph Cullmann va escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is it possible to move individual framework modules over to
> > > invent.kde.org or will that be
> > > done at once somewhen in the future?
> >
> > Seems kde-frameworks-devel would be a better list to ask about this.
> >

> > > Would be interested to move syntax-highlighting and ktexteditor if that
> > > is possible.
> > > But if that shall be done as bulk in the future I can wait ;=)
> >
> > I personally feel the loss of "email gets sent to kde-frameworks-devel on MR" is a problem.
> >
> > Also i remember dfaure not being very thrilled about the "not possible to force push to 'my branches' on the main repo" issue.
>
> There has been no change with regard to force pushes - they were
> restricted on main line repositories back when we initially moved to
> Git and have continued to be restricted through our move to
> Phabricator (from Reviewboard) and now on to Gitlab.

Yes and no.

Yes, there's been no change with regard to force pushes

*BUT*

With phabricator you can do a "force push" to your review[1], with gitlab you can not[2].

So while technically there has no been a change, the resulting workflow is now that you can't do the same you used to do.

So having a regexp (e.g. something like all branches starting by review_*) that allowed all those branches to be force pushed would help being able to maintain the workflow in which without having to fork a repository you can update your commits for reviews.

Cheers,
  Albert

[1] i.e. you make changes to your commit, run arc diff again and the new commit shows up in the existing review as a single commit
[2] without having your own fork of a repository, that is annoying for various reasons