GDPR, privacy notices - any action required for individual projects?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu May 10 10:15:52 BST 2018

Hi!

A co-developer recently pointed out that EU General Data Protection
Regulation (GDPR) is going to come into effect, soon (May 25th). To my
_very_ limited understanding, this will require privacy notices on all
websites. I see some kde.org sites already have one (e.g.
https://community.kde.org/KDE_Community_Wiki:Privacy_policy), but I
wonder about sites "belonging" to individual projects (but managed
by our tireless sysadmins) such as https://kate.kde.org and
https://rkward.kde.org.

More specifically, am I, as a project maintainer, responsible for
adding a similar notice to https://rkward.kde.org, and if so, is there
a recommended common practice, such as copying or linking to some
KDE.org-global policy page?

Regards
Thomas