Falkon in kdereview

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Mar 1 01:02:37 GMT 2018

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> That said, the FreeBSD CI VMs should have debug symbols, so we'll have to
> look at that since -- as you notice -- it makes the CI less useful for
> application developers.

QtWebEngine is special, it is built without debugging information for all
the Chromium code by default. Make sure you build your QtWebEngine with:
CONFIG += "webcore_debug v8base_debug force_debug_info"

This will build Chromium code with -g1 debuginfo. To get the normal -g2 (the
default if you pass just -g, at least in GCC), you can try:
sed -i -e 's/symbol_level=1/symbol_level=2/g' src/core/config/common.pri
but this may cause the linker to run out of memory, and it can also crash
other tools (e.g., the eu-strip tool that Fedora uses to split the debuginfo
into a separate file crashes on it). So caveat emptor.

Another possibility is that the crash is in JITted code (e.g., JavaScript
compiled by the V8 JIT), in which case you cannot possibly get a useful
backtrace at all, no matter how much debugging information you enable.

        Kevin Kofler