KDE Frameworks 5.48.0 released

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jul 14 20:58:06 BST 2018

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 2:28 AM, Roman Collins <r.s.col988 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no unsubscribe links, please fix that

Hi Roman,

I'm afraid due to the propagation of standards such as DKIM and DMARC,
it is impossible for us to add unsubscribe links to the body of emails
sent through our mailing lists. We still add RFC standard List-*
headers to emails, which all decent mail clients (including GMail
itself) will use to offer the user the option to unsubscribe.

If we were to enable the Mailman functionality that added unsubscribe
links to the footer of our emails, then the DKIM signatures of those
emails would be broken.

If we were to break these signatures, members of our community would
be deprived of their ability to participate on our lists as some mail
providers reject mail which has broken DKIM signatures or which fail
DMARC validation. Using GMail as an example, they deliver all mail
that fails DMARC validation to the Spam folder regardless of any other
characteristics it has (and around 50% of all mail we deliver goes to
GMail, so their policies are what we'll follow above all else).

Should you wish to unsubscribe from our lists, you can either send an
email to <listname>-unsubscribe at kde.org or visit
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/options/<listname> and follow the prompts
there. This information is also included in the RFC standard
List-Unsubscribe header, contained in all emails you've received from
our lists.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin