Rebase of kopete branch and push it to master

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jan 19 08:56:10 GMT 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Pali Rohár <pali.rohar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 January 2018 20:50:35 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have now completed the merge from Pali's clone repository into the
>> 'master' branch of the main Kopete repository.
>> Phabricator processing of all the commits has been completed without incident.
>
> Hi! Thank you very very much!
>
>> Pali, please revise the metadata accordingly in sysadmin/repo-metadata
>
> See quoted comments/questions below
>
> https://phabricator.kde.org/source/sysadmin-repo-metadata/browse/master/projects/kde/kdenetwork/kopete/metadata.yaml

> What does "h1." means? Looks like some wiki(?) syntax for heading. No
> idea if it should be there or not.

That is a leftover from when this data was generated from the
descriptions used by projects.kde.org, which ran Redmine/Chiliproject.
It means nothing to anything we run these days and should be cleaned up.

>> - displayname: "Pali Roh\xE1r"
>
> What is encoding of that YAML file? Is not UTF-8 supported?

The conversion tool we used was conservative in regards to handling
information and encoded everything that couldn't be represented in
Latin-1 I believe.
I've entered UTF-8 characters into other files, and they certainly
should be encoded in and support, UTF-8.

> Otherwise looks correct.
>
> https://phabricator.kde.org/source/sysadmin-repo-metadata/browse/master/projects/kde/kdenetwork/kopete/i18n.json
>
>> {"trunk": "master", "stable": "Applications/17.08", "stable_kf5": "none", "trunk_kf5": "none"}
>
> I do not fully understand content of this JSON file, but there is no
> KDE4 trunk version in repository anymore. master branch now points to
> trunk KF5 version and there is no 17.12 (stable) version.

Luigi has now updated this I believe.

>> (for i18n) and kde-build-metadata (for the CI and kdesrc-build users)
>
> It is https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kde-build-metadata/ right? What
> should I check there?

In that repository you need to check two things:

1) logical-module-structure, JSON formatted, which defines a series of
rules stating which branches are used by projects.
2) the dependency-data-* files, which contain the dependency
definition rules between KDE projects for each branch grouping.
Anything not defined in here won't be made available on the CI, and
this data is used by kdesrc-build to sequence the order of things to
build.

In regards to the dependency data, please note that there is a generic
wildcard rule at the very bottom which makes essentially all
Frameworks a dependency of anything in Applications, Extragear or
Playground so you don't need to declare a dependency on any Framework
you use.

Hope that clears things up.

Cheers,
Ben