Phabricator: How to get the email address of contributors?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 2 21:24:13 GMT 2018

Dominik Haumann ha scritto:
> Hi everyone,
>
> it just happened to me again, that I want to commit/push a change of
> someone else (first-time contributor) with the correct --author="x y
> <mail...>" data.
>
> But Phabricator hides the email address, so I either have to ask via
> phabricator messages for the email address, which is time consuming,
> or I simply give up and commit in my own name, claiming work done by
> others.
>
> Is there a simple way to find out the email address (identity.kde.org
> does not work, since phab user accounts seem to be separate).
>
> Help is very much appreciated. In fact, I would love to simply see the
> correct email addresses, once I am logged into phabricator. Could that
> be done?

Let's restart the discussion where it stopped last time (please read it):

https://phabricator.kde.org/T5242

tl;dr
Phabricator does not hide if the contributor used arcanist to submit the patch.

IMHO that should work even when git format-patch is used but there is an
internal disagreement on this.

IMHO (more complicated) that should work even with the web submission with
some checkbox is marked (to publish the email and name), but there is both
internal disagreement and upstream one on this.

--
Luigi