Elisa Music Player is in kdereview

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:35:02 GMT 2018

Hello,

Elisa is now in kdereview and aiming for extragear/multimedia. We may (in agreement with the module maintainer) move later to the Multimedia KDE Applications module.

It is a music player written with qml and a few KDE frameworks. It is primarily intended to integrate with baloo but can also index music on its own and open arbitrary files from command line or a file browser.

We have worked on a vision to help clarify the what our intentions are:

Elisa is a music player developed by the KDE community that strives to be simple and nice to use. We also recognize that we need a flexible product to account for the different workflows and use-cases of our users.

We focus on a very good integration with the Plasma desktop of the KDE community without compromising the support for other platforms (other Linux desktop environments, Windows and Android).

We are creating a reliable product that is a joy to use and respects our users privacy. As such, we will prefer to support online services where users are in control of their data.

We also want to align our work with the goals that have been decided by the whole KDE community.

Best regards

--
Matthieu Gallien in the behalf of the Elisa team