http://commitfilter.kde.org/ ?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Nov 2 08:33:28 GMT 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Elias Probst <mail at eliasprobst.eu> wrote:
> On 10/30/2017 08:38 AM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Anyone who is interested in writing and maintaining replacement
>> functionality should get in touch with me as mentioned in my previous
>> mail in the second link there.
>
> I don't think much "implementation effort" would be required here -
> Phabricator provides most of this out-of-the-box through Herald rules.

Hi Elias,

As mentioned in a previous email, Phabricator Herald rules have a
small overhead of ~1ms per rule for processing.
This is a problem because Herald rules are processed whenever tasks or
reviews (among other items, just about everything triggers Herald
rules) are created or updated.

As such we've restricted access to Herald to protect the performance
of Phabricator (it only takes 100 or so people to create a couple of
rules each and you've added half a seconds worth of processing to
every update).

Cheers,
Ben