kdereview - xdg-desktop-portal-kde

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Wed May 3 10:28:45 BST 2017

On mercoledì 3 maggio 2017 07:00:14 CEST Jan Grulich wrote:

> > > Make sure that xdg-desktop-portal is running, it should be started
> > > automatically by flatpak, but you never know.
> >
> > How do I check it? Is it a process that I should see?
> >
> > > Also try to run xdg-desktop-
> > > portal-kde with debug enabled using:
> > > QT_LOGGING_RULES=xdg-desktop-portal-kde*.debug=true
> > > /path/to/xdg-desktop-
> > > portal-kde.
> >
> > This just prints "Desktop portal registered successfuly", which I guess is
> > ok.
> >
> > As soon as the test app freezes (instead of opening the file dialog), I
> > get
> > this in my journalctl: https://paste.kde.org/phcnn4uxn
>
> I guess you have to make sure that xdg-desktop-portal-kde is installed to
> correct location. I have it in:
> - /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.impl.portal.desktop.kde.service
> - /usr/share/xdg- desktop-portal/portals/kde.portal -
> /usr/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal-kde
>

> I guess based on the log that the dbus service is important to have in
> correct place.

Thanks, this helped a bit. I had a relative path in the Exec entry of the
.service file. Using an absolute path fixes the file dialogs, though I still
don't get native notifications.

Btw it seems archlinux is using /usr/lib rather than /usr/libexec (the gnome
portal installs /usr/lib/xdg-desktop-portal-gtk).